Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Another brick...

Some people thrive on being busy. I don't. I think it's highly irritating. Particularly when you actually care, deep down, about what you're doing but can't spare the time to do anything properly. This week I'm cramming for an exam, hurrying through an essay, and speeding off to work...and it all seems so ridiculous. When you rush stuff, you're ridding it of any kind of deeper value it may contain. There was no eternal significance in anything I did today. Which is a shame, because I really do think the essay and exam are important and potentially very interesting, but I don't have time to make them substantial for myself. This is what happens when education is costly and study support is next to nil: lots of students madly rushing to learn what they need to in between shifts, and then forgetting everything the day after the exam because nothing's had a chance to work its way particularly deep into the memory circuits. Needless to say I'll be glad when things calm down a bit and I can start doing things properly again.

2 comments:

huw said...

That plus being a world famous rockstar. Spending so much of my time being a massively famous guitarist has certainly had a negative impact on my studies too, which is odd considering that I study music for fuck's sake...

DollHouse said...

I went to Doll House to get my dress and they promised they would get it in. I was so upset when they didn’t come through for me so I went Sassy Boutique. They were able to get my dress within three 3 days. They had wonderful customer service and nothing was a problem for them. I really appreciated the effort they made to make my night memorable. i will never go to dollhouse again.