Thursday, November 1, 2007

Well, uni is officially over for the semester. I had my last exam today (Eastern Religion) which went fairly well (I hope). I should be getting very drunk tonight, but instead find myself preparing to rehearse with a new band I've just joined called The Heavy Cases. Quinn, the singer and piano player, writes amazing songs and I'm looking forward to playing in a band that I don't have a huge amount of obligation to. That sounds like I may quit next week. I don't mean that. It's just that I can turn up to rehearsal and enjoy playing the music: the very thing you seek to do when you join a band. After a while, bands can become 'businesses' (if the egos within it are sufficiently ambitious and self-adulating, like the other band I'm in) and most meets don't really involve anything resembling music and creativity. And if a meeting does involve playing music (a rehearsal or gig), the music part consists of songs that you're pretty much sick of and have played a million times over.

Anyway, this isn't the time for feeling glum about it all. It's the start of the summer holidays, I've got a fun new band to jam with, my other band has some pretty exciting stuff coming up, and I now have some time to sit and write new music. Things are officially good. Besides, I can get drunk tomorrow night, the night after, the night after that...

3 comments:

huw said...

You're never going to keep this up, I can tell. Yes, I'm goading you.

Rob or Alice? said...

by 2054, I'll be ahead of you.

mark. my. words.

DollHouse said...

My daughter and I ordered a dress from Doll House which was to be custom made. I placed the order on a Monday and was surprised to get a phone call the following Monday to say the dress had arrived it only took eight 8 days. I took the dress home and when I put the dress on my daughter, I realized that had just altered the dress (in store) and found pins still in the side seams. I was so disgusted with their lie when confronted they would not talk to me or acknowledge what they had done. To all you mum’s out there DON’T BUY FROM DOLL HOUSE.